Seattle Made Membership
Seattle is known worldwide for its innovation, independence, and grit. In addition to helping local manufacturers find and share the resources they need to thrive, Seattle Made offers a brand platform that helps certified local manufacturers (members) identify and differentiate themselves, and helps consumers identify locally made products.
Membership is FREE to businesses that meet our criteria!
We have recently added a one-time membership application fee of $25 to cover our administrative costs.
As a member of Seattle Made, you will receive:
- A full-page profile for your business in our online manufacturer directory.
- A Producer Toolkit of materials and branded signage to help you promote your business
- License to use the Seattle Made logo on your website, packaging, labels, marketing materials, etc.
- Participation in annual Seattle Made Week Events including Taste of Seattle Made, Manufacturing Tours, and Seattle Made Market.
- Exclusive promotional and selling opportunities hosted by Seattle Made and through our community partners.
- Exclusive educational events hosted by Seattle Made and through our community partners.
- Opportunities to network, collaborate and learn from peer companies through meet-ups and our online communications platform.
- Ability to take advantage of exclusive partner discounts on services, selling opportunities.
- Provide free one-on-one assistance to help businesses conserve resources and increase compliance with the City’s recycling, organic waste, and other ordinances.
- Opportunity to participate in “speed coaching” events with experts to help members understand different sources of capital appropriate for their type and stage of business, prepare their company to raise money and connect with potential sources of capital.
- Review a list of our services.
As membership and resources expand, Seattle Made will offer a range of promotional opportunities, connections to new customers, and support services, including help with access to capital, production space, workforce, and a local supplier database.
To participate in Seattle Made’s Certified Local Manufacturer Program, your business must:
- manufacture or produce one or more physical products in the city of Seattle (or use or be a Seattle-based contract manufacturer); please review the boundary map to assure you are within the Seattle city limits.
- offer one or more standard product lines;
- have the equivalent of at least one full-time employee (can include yourself); and
- sell through at least one retail outlet or online (if you produce a consumer product).
Membership is FREE to businesses that meet the criteria. (There is a one-time membership application fee of $25.)
A few items to note:
- We also consider whether your business is incorporated in Washington state, headquartered in Seattle, and locally owned.
- Parts of your product line may be sourced outside Seattle but production must occur within the Seattle city limits.
- Membership is not eligible to manufacturers who solely design products or those who only manufacturer one- of-a-kind pieces.
- The one -time application fee of $25 covers staff time to process applications as well as a packet of new member materials.